Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers

To: Steve Ostrovitz <ostrovi@gateway.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers
From: "Timothy S. Dennison" <neonracr@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 22:43:34 -0400
I am a member of NYR, and for the most part, its true, we don't have more than
60 - 70 entrants in our events. That is not to say that there is no competition
in NYR.  For such a small group, I think we have a high percentage of quality
drivers.  Folks like the 1999 FS champ Pat Salerno, Ken Porteous, and Bruce
Bellom, just to name a few.

I can honestly say that there is plenty of competition here. This was my first
year with the SCCA, (second year autocrossing) and thanks to the level of
competition here (and McKamey Autocross School), I was able to improve faster
than I thought possible.  I tried my first ProSolo in Virginia this year and
took first place in DS.  I ended up taking the win in Topeka also, and the
championship with it.

Even though I don't run against too many other Neons, we compete using PAX, and
there tend to be some pretty heated and close battles at any given event.

I guess my point is; SIZE DOESN"T MATTER.

Tim Dennison
'99 ProSolo National Series DS Champion
Proud to be NYR.