Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crappy Northeast Drivers
From: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 11:04:42 -0400
Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net <mailto:pfoster@gdi.net> > pontificated:

> Yes, NER is a Jumbo region. But none of the other regions in the NE are
> that big. I doubt any other region attracts more than 70-80 drivers on a
> good weekend.

Bzzzzzstt!!!!  Wrong.  Finger Lakes Region (Rochester NY area)  has averaged
over 100 entrants per event this year, including our small lots.  Including
one National Champion this year.  Also Western New York is pushing that same
average.

>> I just don't see any support for the argument that this part of the
country
>> is weak, in any respect.

> So one of our opinions must then be wrong? Please reread your own
> statement about the difference between opinion and fact.

Correct. One of the opinions is wrong.  I won't point fingers though :-)

*       Paul Foster

Contrary to popular belief Paul, the earth does not revolve around N.Y.C.  I
can attest that I've seen NER drivers at events in upstate N.Y.  Griffis
Tech Park for example.

You are welcome at any FLR event next year, we'd love to beat, um, ugh....I
mean have ya!

Tom Kearney
FLR SCCA