Appearance kits: sp legal?

To: "Autox List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Appearance kits: sp legal?
From: "William Schenker" <schenker@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:00:27 -0700
A question:  have had some damage to my front end (a '99 csp Miata) and had
the idea of using an alternate front end/appearance kit;  the idea is to get
one that comes with additional/larger intake holes to run some ducting to my
air intake:  is this legal in SP?

I looked at sec. 14.2 F and it says that, "Spoilers and cosmetic trim pieces
are permitted."  Further, it states; "The intent of this allowance is to
accomodate commonly available appearence kits, and replicas therof..."  The
kits I'm interested in would not change the shape of the bumper, but would
be diiferent below and next to the grill opening - they would be an intergal
bumper/spoiler assembly.  Do you folks think that this rule only allows
different-than-stock "chin" spoilers, i.e., the 3"-4" spoilers that one can
attach to the bottom of the plastic bumper assembly as stated in 14.2 F.1?

Looking forward to you response.

Bill Schenker
Cal Club #36 csp
SDR #563 IS2