Re: Appearance kits: sp legal?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, "Scott R Sawyer" <reddog_es22@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Appearance kits: sp legal?
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:18:16 -0400
> I think he is ok using the nose b/c of the update/ backdate, but I think
> he could be protested for the empty holes. I don't have my rulebook with
> me at work, but I don't think you can remove stuff (ie. foglights) to
> create a hole. I think there was a mention on the list of a BMW that was
> protested for this? Not sure, memory is starting to go.

We're getting a little away from the original question, but I find the
discussion interesting (since the thought had crossed my mind for my own
car).  His earlier SC2 didn't have foglights to begin with.  The later
models come with them stock.  Therefore, the later nosepiece on the earlier
car leaves 2 empty holes conveniently located by the brakes.

This is rather interesting to me - both public and private, I've gotten
replies from people saying both "this is entirely legal" and "this is
absolutely not legal," and the reasoning on each side is perfectly sound. :)

    - Justin
      95 SC2 "Locutus" (with foglight holes and foglights)