Re: Conquest to GS to C Mod

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conquest to GS to C Mod
From: "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:38:09 -0600
Eric wrote:
>What I mean is, and this isn't gonna come out quite right but, it'd
probably
>be easier to trophy in a "fast" car such as a CM car.  But it takes a
really
>good driver to make a Stock Class car (with all of it's Stock Class car
>limitations and compromises) go fast around the course, and do it without
>rolling the car.

I tried but just couldn't let this go....There are great drivers everywhere
just waiting to kick the the dickens out of the rest of us.  Stock cars as
you said may have limitations, but in a mod class (especially a spec mod
class like CM) all of the drivers have the same "advantages" so again only
those with a real knack of going fast win.

I am also convinced that prepared or mod classes are more affordable over
the long haul.  I could have taken the money I spent on my Westfield,  and
bought a new Neon...then added to it tires wheels and shocks and whatever
else the fast guys are cheating with. (always my philosophy to assume
people faster than me are cheating)  NOTHING against racing in stock
classes, I am always amazed how fast the top times are, but driving my mod
car is truly a rush.  It makes you let out a big Dukes of Hazard whoop half
way through a run! (I can hardly imagine what it will be like if I ever
learn to drive it fast)

Having Fun
Jeff Christianson
#65 EM