Re: BMW M3 Questions

To: "Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com>, "SunRider" <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: BMW M3 Questions
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:26:45 -0800
The E36 M3 (95-99) does not have adjustable front camber
from the factory.  You can easily shim them, but that
is not SCCA stock class legal.  The new E46 M3
comes out next spring (as a 2001 model) with 18" wheels,
and 340 HP or so.  No way to tell yet if you can adjust
the E46 M3. (I am also guessing the E46 M3 will be a SS car,
not a AS one)

On older E30 3 Series, BMW offered several camber plates
as the approved factory method for adjusting camber.  So
we will need to wait to see the factory shop manual and
what it says as the approved method to adjust camber.
Just looking at the car is not enough.

Chris Teague
97 "Camber Challenged" M3/4