Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:19:24 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 4:40 PM

> Autoxers buy the cars they buy because they expect them to be competitive
in
> their class.  Stock class drivers turn their cars over relatively quickly
> anyway, I imagine the mode would be 2-3 years.  If such a rule were
announced
> two or three years in advance; let's see, in 2003 you'd have to upgrade a
'91
> Miata to a '97, which at that point would be a seven year old car.  I
think you
> can handle the depreciation cost between a twelve year old and seven year
old
> Miata, Scot.

It's probably moot.  I don't plan to stay in Stock long-term anyway;
although I'm not averse to spending in support of my habit I don't like the
idea of buying a new car every couple years just to stay competitive.

I figure in a couple years I'll start building my Miata into a CSP car or
maybe buy a F500 car (which I could tow behind my Miata in a pinch).  This
all depends on what my financial situation looks like at that time.

Scot