Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: Jester097@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 16:26:35 EST
Some people prefer stock class becuause with most cars these days, things
arent falling off the car every weekend if you race it.  So even if you are
racing in stock just do regular maintenance and its fine.  So what if they
arent as competitive in their "stock" car as they were 3 years ago - like you
said,  you dont really need trophies to have fun - maybe cost is an issue and
aftermarket parts to improve your car arent where funds need to go.  What is
it that if it broke or wore out that'd be so good to replace it with
aftermarket to bump into SP?  Nothing i can think of.   Besides, keeping it
stock will usually be more competitive if you dont plan on dropping alot of
money into it.  A well sorted out SP car, and the ones that go to nationals -
may or may not really be streetable... or just not driven on the street at
all (if ever).  I've seen alot of CRX's trailered in that run CSP and wont
ever see a public highway.  i can understand having a "stock" class
autocrosser was also my only car and daily driver and keeping things like
ride quality and comfort, time, hassle and money - things you give up when
you build a competitive SP car.  I run in sp but my car isnt mod'd to the
limit - but i did what i did for the car for the street before i started
autocrossing, and i'm very happy with my "street" setup, which also does
quite nicely for weekend warrior'ing.

-Ryan 92 Saturn SC/DSP
http://www.saturnperformance.com/profiles/view.asp?id=Ryan92SC

In a message dated 11/4/00 12:26:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,