RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>,
Subject: RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 10:17:20 -0600
> I don't understand the determination of folks to stay in stock category
> no matter what.  It seems that you could have a much more fun and easier
> car to drive in many cases if you are willing to run street prepared.

Maybe it is because I have a car that I enjoy driving every day and don't
want to modify to the level necessary to not be a bad joke in SP.  By the
way, it is TWELVE years old and it is the driver more than the car which
makes it less than competitive.

> The people who don't want to improve their cars should be going to car
> shows, anyway, instead of autocrossing.  Drain all the fluids, polish it
> up, push it on and off the trailer, and polish some more.  Don't forget
> the sign that says, "If you aren't naked, don't touch the car!"

I am glad that someone with such an elitist, obnoxious, attitude lives
somewhere else.  Why don't you just get out of autocrossing and find a hobby
that is geared to people who have similar hate for average people.