RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com, roadsterboy@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Karl Rickert" <alfakarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 03:54:15 GMT
>From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
>"mode - in statistics, an infrequently used type of average.

Yeah, whatever means one uses the idea is still bogus. Being an "old car"
owner of two cars (CS-Alfa & GT4-510) getting ready to be dropped from there
respective classes and heavily involved with the SCCA I tend to get a bit
testy when I might not have class to run either in.

>I never said older cars weren't competitive.  I do say it is a pain >in the
>ass to try and find competitive examples to class them, to >find factory
>information to support them, to fit them into a 9-10 >class structure, to
>protest them when nobody knows what was legal or >not on them, and to try
>and maintain them when the parts are no >longer available.

>I do understand that there are people who are attached to specific >classic
>cars and want to autocross them, but realistically there are >very few
>cases where this is viable for Stock class cars anyway.

I agree it may be hard to find parts for older cars, but I still think
regardless of car age everyone should have equal opporunity to drive
whatever they have. If the SEB continues to weed out older cars, they might
as well start weeding out they're members also.

Karl Rickert "AlfaKarl"
Y2K Team.net DTN
Dixie Region Asst Regional Executive
Dixie Region Solo2 Chairman