Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: Bill Fuhrmann <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 12:21:57 -0600
Maybe I should take up politics.  ;^)

I'm really sorry you took my comments to be elitist, obnoxious, and
hateful.  The language I chose may have seemed strong, so I apologize.
I should have said "maybe" at the beginning of the paragraph about car
shows, and put a smiley after the line about not touching the car, at
least, to show I was attempting to be funny.

I just don't understand why some folks feel they need to be nationally
competitive to have fun, and therefore choose to only work within the
constraints of the stock category.  I'm not saying there's anything
wrong with those people, I just don't understand them.

I don't think any car that isn't at constant risk of rolling over is a
bad joke.  All should be welcome.  Just not all should feel obligated to
run stock.

BTW, my current autox car (the best one I've ever owned) is a 15 year
old daily driver, and could never be competitive in its current stock
class.  It will have a chance in SP if I ever get around to developing
it a bit more.

I've won regional trophies with POS cars, but won't even come close with
this car as it is, even though it's in much better shape than my
more-succesful ones.  At least it _looks_ faster than my diesel Rabbit
did.    ;^)

Chuck (short, fat guy in a 4-cylinder Fiero) Schultz

--
Chuck Schultz     /                       Mailto:n2pua4@peoplepc.com