Re: Philly schools April 28-29

To: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Philly schools April 28-29
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 07:51:03 -0600
Not to change the subject or anything, but I wanted to comment on this
phenom.  I feel that many the "established" people who have been around
awhile and who are top performers in AX'ing have had a chance to prove
themselves to the community, have demonstrated and share usefull knowledge,
and are respected among those who have been helped by them.  To expect any
new person to step into community and have their words immediately carry
the same wieght is not realistic.

This is no different than someone stepping into your personal circle of
friends and expecting to be treated as your lifelong buddy.  What I'm
trying, and not very well, to say is that don't feel bad or take anything
personally about this kind of thing....it is natural and not unique to
team.net.  Just an attempt to defend team.net a little bit.  IMO of course.

> I have seen some of the highest forms of "the in crowd" on this
list...i.e.
> somebody who fits the unspecified definition of "good for the sport" can
> post whatever they want, but new people can't and I was even party to the
> original conversation on this whole topic.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI