Re: Philly schools April 28-29

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Philly schools April 28-29
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:41:48 -0600
> Not to change the subject or anything, but I wanted to comment on this
> phenom.  I feel that many the "established" people who have been around
> awhile and who are top performers in AX'ing have had a chance to prove
> themselves to the community, have demonstrated and share usefull
knowledge,
> and are respected among those who have been helped by them.  To expect any
> new person to step into community and have their words immediately carry
> the same wieght is not realistic.

Good point - however it is a big world and somebody who is "established" to
you might be a complete stranger to me.  For example, if you look for the
name "Whitworth" in Rocky's stats, you might see that my family and I have a
pretty long history in auto-x.  I haven't done the same with "Washburn" so I
don't know your history...but I suspect you have a decent history with this
sport too....

I try to judge people by the quality and helpfulness of thier information,
and not too much by e-mail - The factor of "I've heard of them" is no longer
enough in the communication age :)

Mike B is right - some people get a free pass and other people get nailed on
everything they say on this list...so what...I used to think this was a big
deal....but no one is holding a gun to my head making me stay subscribed.
If I don't like what I see, I can go away......

Racing season is coming soon........................

Dave Whitworth