RE: Nitto 555-R's??

To: <GSMnow@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nitto 555-R's??
From: "bruce haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:05:18 -0700
<<  Hi,
 Anyone have any experience with these drag radials by Nitto?  I know
they're
 mainly for drag racing, but I've heard Grassroots motorsports tested them
 and found them to be pretty good for autox.  The reason I'm asking is b/c
 I've got a line on a good price for these tires, and I mainly autox my car,
 not drag race.

 Thanks,
 Tommy >>
The Nittos do work surprisingly well in corners. A couple years ago,
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords did a "tri-athalon" for Mustangs that
included
Drag racing, autocross and skidpad competitions with a wide variety of
Mustangs
one of which ran the Nittos in all events and he did real well. I don't
remember
the final outcome, but they were really skeptic also, until the guy actually
ran.