RE: Nitto 555-R's??

To: AutoX <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nitto 555-R's??
From: TommyB <winnipegtommy@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:03:39 -0500
Hey,
Thanks to everyone who replied.  I've also consulted a few other sources,
and the general consensus on the Nitto is that it would hold up pretty well
for autox, but wouldn't be competitive with kumhos or hoosiers.  I didn't
think they would be, and I would be ordering them up anyway, except I just
got a helluva tax return and am now able to spring for some real r
compounds!  This is an excellent thing, because up here in Canada there
isn't a separate class for street tires...I consistently place 2nd to a car
with R's, and now I'll be able take over my class.  *grin*

Thanks again,
Tommy