Fw: AP Nationals Turnout

To: "Team Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: AP Nationals Turnout
From: "Tom Holt" <tholt@ccsi.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:13:44 -0500
     By moving the Miatas out of DP and into AP, you take the second
healthiest class in Prepared and whittle it down to being just above the
minimum levels. Now you have a 4th class in Prepared on the verge dying.
Why don't we have the guts to lay AP to rest and move all 5 cars into the
remaining classes? BP and FP could use some more... It just doesn't fit well
in AP. While Lindbergh may have been  competitive with AP on  this years
Nationals courses that won;t always be the case. The Miatas didn't exactly
kill DP... a .5 second win is not unreasonable. Miatas finishing 1st, 5th,
7th,10th and 13th is a pretty even distribution in a class of 20.
    If the non Miata members of DP are bent on self destruction and
successfully push for the eviction of the Miata, I for one, would be glad to
welcome the Miatas (and the last remaining Elan and Fieros) into FP. We need
the competition!

 Tom
 FP 29 280Z
 Austin