RE: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: Rick Brown <rbrown7@covad.net>, autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: Andy Hollis <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:27:56 -0500

Or how about my comparison of SP cars?  You failed to mention that, Rick.
:-)  In SP, wheel/tires are unlimited.  Are you saying that the Miata should
maybe be in ASP or BSP with the Vettes instead of CSP?  The weight break is
already there.

> In autocross, handling is much more important than horsepower and absolute
> weight is
> more important than power to weight.

Agreed.  But not to the exclusion of the other points.  If the lightest car
always won then why isn't the Lotus Elan, Europa, or even the 7 winning AP?

> I can't speak for AP, but participation in BP was down by 3 drivers this
> year due to this
> situation just like the C4's stayed away from SS while the RX7s dominated
> that class.

Sounds like that's the real bone you are trying to pick here, right?  :-)

--Andy