Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:56:42 -0700
Randy, you're right, except limiting tire size isn't done in any of the
classes that I'm aware of...rim size is the limiting factor. Right now at 7"
max width, there are at least a few tires available made to fit the rim
width...I
don't think that would be an equitable adjustment (tire limit), but I do
agree adding weight probably could. The cars are heavy anyway and adding
weight doesn't cost as much as other options.

Just wanting it out of the class is self serving and there isn't any other
place it is suitable except maybe EP, which really seems a better fit based
on the cars in the class, but they'd probably complain about it too...

FP are mostly 6 cylinder cars and some 8 cylinder, the rotaries are allowed
bridgeporting and peripheral porting...very few 4 bangers and I don't think
any our size.

AP is a joke...anyone making that suggestion must be on something...

Charles
mailto:charles@coastalbay.com
DP/CSP/SM2 Miata #42