Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: "Dan Bettis" <danbettis@isoc.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:06:48 -0400
What happen in 20 more years when another car comes along that is even
faster than the Miata.  Do you protect the old cars again.  Is that winning
Civic in EP and overdog, or is it the driver that drives it.  Well we know
the answer to that one.  But look at his times and he should be in AP also.
Its not like the Miata is totally beating these old car by seconds.  Its not
like having the M3 in ESP like we used to.  There has to become a time when
we have to welcome in the new cars.  the best reason I think to leave it
alone is  Mazda supports the sport and the drivers.  What does MG, Austin
Healey or what ever other old cars that are in DP do for our sport.  The
newest car out side the Miatas is almost 23 years old in DP, the oldest is
40 some years old.  Maybe we need to combine the P classes out side CP.
There were 62 CP open drivers, and I think 69 open drivers in all the other
classes together.  Or maybe CP and BP get combined, and then other classes.
Speaking of BP does that RX-7 classify as any over dog winning by 4 seconds
would have had AP by 2 seconds.  This would fix the too many classes problem
and let new class that are growing the sport like SM and ST not add to that
problem.

Dan Bettis
http://www.zrracing.com
http://www.zrracing.com/forsale.htm