Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: "Charles Cox" <charles@coastalbay.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:30:21 -0700
The "8"" Cantilevers are actually indicated 10" wide (section) and 8.4" tread
width...(in 15") with better selection in the 13" tires which I would run if
going to DP again...this is part of the problem with limiting tire size and
there is a point of diminishing returns with a given rim width anyway.

I ran DP in order to consider running slicks, which I think are better race
tires and from what I can tell (not having run both to compare) should last
longer than the Hoosiers and cost about the same. I was more comfortable with
the DP cars (having autocrossed and road raced many a Sprite, Midget,
Spitfire, etc..)...felt more at home with what look like real production
racers...

I've still got a lot of development to do regardless of which class I
eventually settle on...it is great to have the luxury of running in any of the
three classes I want...

On the other hand, a specified spec tire for a Miata spec (DP) class as
previously suggested it could turn into, might be an interesting idea...

Regards,
Chas