Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Prepared Miata reclassing thoughts
From: "Steve Hudson" <smhudson@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:37:17 -0500
Smokerbros@aol.com writes:

>Remember that the 2002 Nationals winning DP Miata was 0.5 behind the winning
>AP time.  That car has not taken advantage of all the Prepared allowances,
>and gets to lose weight when going to AP. I'm not convinced that the Miata
>needs to spend that money just yet, to win in AP. Ultimately, they would want
>to take advantage of every allowed mod, but the current DP Miatae are in
>various states of preparation.  A Miata could win AP next year with the lower
>weight and full preparation to the rules, sans FI and big wheels.

The second place Corvette had cones on all three runs one day.  Without them
he would have won by 1.3 seconds, putting the DP Miata behind by 1.8 seconds.
That's a lot of time to make up with a little weight loss.
Are the cars in AP fully prepped?  Are the old cars in DP fully prepped?  Or
just prepped enough to beat the other cars?

Steve Hudson