Re: datsunparts.com Dashes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: datsunparts.com Dashes
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:26:04 -0500
Those are mighty strong words.  Let me say that I have not bought ANYTHING
from Dean, so I cannot be a shill.  He seems to have some stuff that other
vendors don't carry.  Some of it looks darned good.  I have heard some
issues with Dean, but I have heard similar issues with ALL of the vendors.
All of the vendors serve a purpose.

I will close with one rhetorical question - is it better to use a shill from
time to time, or to prostitute a business on the list on a regular basis?  I
have heard charges of the latter on this list as well.

Caveat Emptor.

Sid

>From: Marc Sayer <marc@gracieland.org>
>To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: datsunparts.com Dashes
>Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:00:09 -0800
>
>You know I would be a lot more understanding if Dean would subscribe
>to the damn list himself, spend a little time talking with the rest of
>us on the list, and do his own promotions instead of getting shills to
>do it for him. His *participation* in the list would go a long way
>towards making it look like he was doing more than using this list to
>generate profits. Just like his lame attempts to cash on on various
>shows that others worked hard to put on, he is trying to score off
>this list without giving anything back to it. He gives nothing to the
>list and has shills like you drumming up business through it. The
>situation is now so bad that you guys are now even prefacing these
>"unsolicited testimonials" with warnings and caveats. And please do
>not waste my time trying to explain to me how you aren't a shill. He
>asked you to do this for him, that's acting as a shill. It smells, but
>then it's vintage Dean I guess...
>
>Just my .02
>
>Steve C Allen wrote:
>
> > I just ordered some parts from Dean at Fairlady Products today and
> > he asked if I would post some info to the list seeing how he is not
> > subscribed. Some people do not care for Dean so hit your delete key
> > before you get too excited. Dean is carrying four replacement dashes
> > for the 65-67 and 67.5 low windshield roadsters.

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060
1967 SRL311 00076