RE: datsunparts.com Dashes

To: "'Marc Sayer'" <marc@gracieland.org>,
Subject: RE: datsunparts.com Dashes
From: "Robbie Harrison" <robbieharrison@home.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:52:45 -0500
Seems kinda harsh, Marc.

I received 9 replies from different members of the list concerning my
recent inquiry for interior windshield trim. They ALL directed me to
Dean, so he seems to have a good bit of support. As some are among the
most active on this list, I believe they would have mentioned other
options in addition to Dean, if there were any. Apparently he's the ONLY
vendor who carries this item. None of the vendors has responded
directly, so I'm guessing they don't have the part. I'll get in touch
with one of them for the next stuff I need.

I personally have bought stuff from Dean, as well as from Les at CDM,
and from Ralleye, and have nothing but praise for them all. The PO of my
car spent lots with Dean getting the whole drivetrain redone. I plan to
continue to spread around my purchasing - not that I will spend enough
that any vendor will notice, but if they all get business hopefully they
all will stay in business and continue to support our hobby.

I don't post much because somebody more knowledgeable usually answers
tech questions before I do, in the rare instances that I even know the
right answer. Your tech posts on lightened flywheels, carbs, and
alternator swaps (I still have every post since last April) have all
been very informative, and I look forward to learning more. The only
warning I saw in Steve's post was that if you have a personal problem
with Dean then you won't be happy to know that he still has good prices
on good products.

....folds up soapbox and returns to the back of the room
Robbie Harrison
'68 2000

ps - let's not get carried away about this, please. Every reply might
just be considered "shilling"