re: weber tuning

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: weber tuning
From: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:21:34 -0800
Yeah, me too.  My clothes wreak of exhaust after running the spit with the
top down, or having one of the windows rolled down.  I have a blue bottle
muffler coming straight out the back that stops at the bumper.  doesn't soil
it too much, but my previous spit with a stock muffler did blacken the
bumper, and I had fumes coming into the cockpit and the trunk.  Having a
lean mixture does help.  After I had the 1 1/4's on my old spit needled
right, alot of the smell went away, but still quite noticeable after long
drives.  My present spit with 1 1/2's is still running too rich(only one
turn down from the stops of the mixture nuts ), and the fumes are pretty
bad.  Makes me think that richness of the emissions really alters the way
they dissipate.  Is this perhaps why alfa spiders have the turned down pipe
at the end of the muffler?

ron