Re: Weber Tuning

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Weber Tuning
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:44:23 -0000
> I can't help you on the Weber, but I've a thought on the Monza and
the
> soot. I've yet to see a Spitfire with a Monza system installed
"straight
> out of the box" that DIDN'T soot up the rear bumper and valance. I
think
> it has almost nothing to do with the running of the engine but
almost
> everything to do with where the pipes terminate at the back of the
car and
> the airflow in that area. Whether the Monza system tailpipes are
just a
> bit too short or what, I don't know.
>
> --Andy

FWIW, I think Andy's hit the nail on the head regarding airflows. So
many years ago when young idiots (like me) wanted to impress their
girlfriends and generally make an earsplitting racket, they hung a
big bore system on the back end of the car. Didn't matter what make
it was - all Spitfires thus equipped, had dirty rear panels (and
several sets of earplugs in the parcel tray)

Jonmac