RE: Weber Tuning

To: "'Andrew Mace'" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: RE: Weber Tuning
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:05:41 -0600
Andy,

Part of it may be where the pipes terminate... but it is an indication that
the mixture at load is tad too rich.

The Monza exhausts are a less restrictive system than the stock muffler.
Seems to be the lower back pressure at the exhaust valve allows the engine
to pull more mix in at a greater pressure difference, putting a greater
vacuum over the jet....

My main point is that putting the Monza does affect how the engine
breathes...    Yes, you can do like the major polluters did back in the late
60s/early 70s and put taller (longer) smokestacks on the car to hide what
you're spewing.....

Or you can try to adjust the carb to match the change you just made in the
exhaust.

JMO

Jim
(who didn't drive his '73 1500 with Monza long enough to remember the soot
:(