Re: Swing spring / camber compensator

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: Swing spring / camber compensator
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:32:47 -0700
Nolan,
While the design of the anti sway bars is not intended for the purpose of
eliminating wheel tuck, it DOES perform much of that
function.  Think about it!

If each side is restricted from movement (which it is), it is less able to drop
when it is unloaded.  Now with that said, I would love
to tell everybody that the only way to prevent wheel tuck with the early swing
axles is the camber compensator.  It would mean more
sales for me.  But the fact is, it just ain't so.

If you were to completely secure each sides, you would have no wheel tuck at
all. (You would have the same thing as a non independent
suspension).  So whatever you do to restrict movement in the sides will indeed
HELP prevent wheel tuck.

It might not go as far as one desires but till takes steps toward doing so.

OK, now I won't say another word on this matter, so if you want to get the last
word in, go right ahead and do so!

Joe