Re: Swing spring / camber compensator

To: spitlist@gte.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Swing spring / camber compensator
From: Ralph Goodwin <evracer@ipass.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:52:12 -0400
In researching suspension modifications for the Electric Spitfire conversion
(http://www.rtpnet.org/~ev/spit) we found it difficult to find the final answer
on rear suspension setup!  The kids finally decided they would do it all!  This
included one of Joe's compensators, a aftermarket swaybar and  Carrerra shocks.

Now that the car is completed, even if the web site isn't, we think we went with
the right setup.  The car runs like its on a wire!  There is some tendency for
the inside front tire to lift under hard acceleration when comming out of a
curve, but we think we can fix that by tuning what we have.  After all, we are
running upwards of 300 hp, something has got to give!

At this point, we wouldn't change a thing!  As we have written before, the
discussions and points raised by this group have proved to be of great value to
our team and have definately enhanced our educational experience!