Re: Frame rust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame rust
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:53:21 EST
Bruce writes:

> At the risk of sounding incredibly naive, what about Waxoyl? I noticed that
> Moss is selling that stuff, and it seems to be fairly easy to apply. Near as
> I can tell you wouldn't even need to paint or do much prep to the fram - just
> spray this stuff on it.
>
> Personally, I would hesitate to use that stuff inside of parts such as doors,
> as I'd be afraid that it might plug the drain holes. But I would think it
> would work well for frames.
>
>         Bruce Krobusek

The guys at the local LBC shop, Mountjoy's, told me that Waxoyl is
great for getting at the inaccessible insides of the frame, but it's
not something you would want to use on a surface you intended to
paint.  I don't know if you would use it on the outside of the frame
or not, but I'd sure like to find out.

Jeff Wagner                   internet:  jw3@umail.umd.edu
Chief Engineer, Nonprint Media        phone:  301-405-9230
4208 Hornbake Library
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742-7011