RE: TR6 motor on engine stand

To: Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>, TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 motor on engine stand
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:20:02 -0400
Bob,

During my engine reassembly, I did something else which you may want to
consider.  I made a square frame out of 2x6 boards, sizing the frame to
fit around the perimeter of the oil pan.  A 2x6 will nicely fit between
the end of the pan and the rear mounting plate.  In each corner of the
frame on the bottom, I attached a coaster wheel.  This setup worked
perfectly!  Closer to the ground, stable, maneuverable. etc. etc.

I've got a jpg picture available which shows the engine and tranny
attached, setting on the frame.

Good Luck,

Gary
'75 TR6 Undergoing Remanufacture