Re: TRF Nightmare & Credit Card charges

To: <RaceF1@aol.com>, <mcline@substrates.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRF Nightmare & Credit Card charges
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:25:30 -0500
>From where I stand, part quality is the No. 1 issue. Let's see, in the last
2  months I have helped one guy who had head gasket sealing problems on his
TR4A with a VB cheapo head gasket. The fix, a Payen gasket from TRF. Another
guy had lifter failure in his new TR6 motor (BPNW). Still another has
jelly-bean motor mounts in a TR4A (VB). All these parts now require re-work
and time lost. One thing you can count on with TRF is the best possible
part. It is no fun to repair cars due to cheapest option parts. Moss is
probably as good as TRF with parts quality, but VB carries the cheaper brand
when available. Lastly, pricing is leveling out. No doubt, TRF probably has
the worst selling system and there is no excuse for delaying a credit on
returned parts, but at least those were the best possible parts in terms of
quality! Having said all that, I buy smart, and don't accept back-orders, so
TRF loses some of my business too.

Bob Kramer
TR3A, TR6, TR4A, Devin TR3
Hill Country Triumph Club