TR6 PI and unleaded fuel

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 PI and unleaded fuel
From: CIS AMREIN <cisamrein@access.ch>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:30:50 +0100

As also in Switzerland the leaded fuel will disapear  end of the year
1999 , I have studied the matter in the past
to get solution for my TR 6 PI. There are reports concerning the valve
recession problem and also proposals
for add-in products (eg.  Practical classics report).
Beside this matter I have heard that the metering unit could be affected
by unleaded fuel.
Questions:   - Is this problem known , or is it a joke ?
                   - If yes , is the problem linked to the material of
the seals ?
                   - Are there any suggestions to get a solution

Thanks for your answers

Walter Koller
Member of the Swiss TR-club
Switzerland