horsepower

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: horsepower
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:44:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
While attending VTR S.E., I had the pleasure of listening to John Lye, JK
Jackson, Don Marshall and the "Lobsta Man", talking about increasing output
of most all T/R engines, I inquired only about the T/R 3 engine, and all
agreed by removing the fan and hub and adding a elec fan, would increase the
horsepower by 18 %, when I asked about these acting as a counter balance for
the crank, they totally disagree this is a tale not fact, I just mention
this as the thread for additional horsepower seems to always come up.
Listening to these race engine guys talk was very, very interesting to say
the least.  "FT"