Re: TR6 PI and unleaded fuel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 PI and unleaded fuel
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 18:28:03 GMT
On 5 Nov 1999, Terry & Cindy O'Beirne wrote:

> Contrary to a
> posting by Egil, I've never seen CAV296 fuel filter rings swell & fail
> in months (CAV are the original supplier to Rover(Triumph)).

Perhaps they are not the same, or the seals supplied are not the same.
Where do you get the CAV filters?

The ones I've seen have Land Rover printed on them, "BL" style part
number, and no CAV marking. The two latest filters both started to
develop a leak after 6 months or so. The outer rubber seal had swollen by,
say, 25%.

There are also significant differences in the formulation of super
unleaded from market to market.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway