RE: New car vs. old car pollution: stats

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>, "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>
Subject: RE: New car vs. old car pollution: stats
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:18:42 -0700
>I usually drive a '95 GMC K2500 pickup and the maintainence cost, GAS PRICES
>and hard to trace minor problems have made my little TR the more reliable

>first place cause it was a "newer, more reliable" vehicle!?!?!?!  Besides
>the TR is a hell of a lot more fun to drive!!  Boy, I wish I could drive the
>TR a year :-)

I sit here wondering why I see folks trying to "justify" their love
affair with the TR, when we all know in our Hearts there is no SANE
reason for owning, fixing driving these little beasts, it is a pure
love affair. No other reason needed. In our particular case "Casper"
is a twin to the 1957 TR-3 we owned new in 1957, 43 wonderful, loving
years ago. My only "regret" is that AnnaBelle seems to enjoy the TR
as much or more than I do, with her Red scarf tied over her white
visor and ears she embodies the Joy of driving, loves waving to
everyone, revels in the "oooh what a Neat Car" comments and spends
more time showing the TR to the interested than I do...of course I do
sometimes have to even let her drive....:-)

Yes my Avalon is more reliable, comfortable, faster, gets almost the
same mileage, but given the choice...it is "Casper" top down and wind
in the hair every time.

--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily