Re: New car vs. old car pollution: stats

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>, "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu>, "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>
Subject: Re: New car vs. old car pollution: stats
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:59:52 -0500

>spends
>more time showing the TR to the interested than I do...

Heck, yes.  Sue was in the shop showing off the TR4 to my autocross buddies
while I was mixing concrete for the fence posts.

I am pleased to report I finished the fence project Sunday morning and we
went on our own color tour Sunday afternoon.  Went to Sherlock's Home for
dinner.  Getting late in the season, though.  Only an old Jag and an MGB-GT
showed up to join the TR6 for the BBC*.  Next Sunday will be warmer, and
maybe some more britcars will come out again.

We are getting past some of the home projects now.  A bit of plumbing inside
this winter.  I should be able to get at the few things the TR needs, mostly
getting rid of the gasoline smell, this winter.  Next spring I hope to get
back into the bodywork on the Lotus.  The Saturn essentially needs nothing
to stay the fun, year-round sports sedan we have come to know and love.  The
Suburban is rusting nicely but continues to hold up it occasional role as
people- and stuff-hauler.

*Sherlock's Home, a pub in Eden Prairie, sponsors "British-Built Cars" every
Sunday evening.  No judging, no pecking order, just fun.

Phil "Don't need no new projects" Ethier
Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.