Re: New car vs. old car pollution: stats

To: erl@unix.mail.virginia.edu
Subject: Re: New car vs. old car pollution: stats
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:39:12 +0200
This reminds me that I joined the AA (Automobile Association, not Alcoholics
Anonymous - it's not driven me any further to drink yet) just after I bought my
TR6, figuring it would dump me at some point. Lo and behold my 2 year old Golf
broke down the next week (dodgy plug lead). To date, the only time my Triumph
has
failed badly was with a broken clutch master, literally as I pulled into the
garage - I couldn't get it in reverse to get it out again. How's that for
timing -
as if it breathed a sigh of relief - "phew, we're home, I can let go now"!