RE: Holidays over

To: "'John Macartney'" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>,
Subject: RE: Holidays over
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@nexant.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:42:07 -0600
I hear you on the "wheels on the sidewalk" thing.  I grew up in a housing
estate in Essex, built in the fifties and designed by planners that had no
idea that everyone would one day have at least two cars and one ubiquitous
white van.  When I drive through the old estate now, it's one continuous
chicane, around the cars parked on the street, and every bit of grass has a
van or an SUV parked on it.  I even saw a Hummer, for God's sake.  The damn
thing was wider than the road!

Mike