Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:41:53 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
<autox@autox.team.net>; Mark J. Andy <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 12:04 PM

>SBW said:
>
><quoting somebody else>
>
>>>Wasn't it you who told me a while back that "Every vehicle has
>its
>>>achilles heel."....?
>>
>>   And I would agree with that except that I don't know how to
>spell that
>>word ;-) Yes it was and I see this as different because the
>items you talk
>>about are maintanence or reliability issues that don't keep you
>from being
>>competitive. Now if you have to run on street tires that would
>pretty much
>>render you uncompetitive, don't you agree?
>
>That's gotta be the alltime most self-serving twist of meaning
>Scotty's ever done, and he's gotta go some to top his previous
>achievements in this regard.  ;<)
>
>Now, lemme get this straight:
>
>1. It's NOT OK to have car-specific allowances to address
>structural weak points, engine lubrication, etc. because "that's
>the way they came" and "you can still be competitive" even
>without fixing those things.
>
>2. It IS OK to have car-specific allowances for reasons of tire
>availability, even though it's been very well established that
>you CAN currently buy 18" competiton DOT rubber, albeit maybe not
>in Scotty's favorite flavor. Because you "can't be competitive"
>unless this allowance is made. Bwa-ha-ha-ha. Good one, SBW.
>
>You wanna show me where in the rulebook it says you're entitled
>to be "competitive" in a given choice of car?

   Geeeze, watch my lips this time and I'll say it real slooooooooowwwwwww
for you to understand. Remember the 12"13" rule? Same thing.

>Jay
>
>P.S. Advice for writing the SEB: it's probably NOT gonna impress
>them much if you tell 'em they've got their heads in the sand. My
>theory is that you're less likely to get what you want from
>somebody if you piss 'em off before you even finish askin'. It's
>just a theory, though.

   And you are responsible for how many rule changes or reclassifications??
Yeah, I am gonna take advice from jm, hey Mark, you wanna give me some too ?
;-) BWAAA HAA HAA HEE he he

sbw