Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: <PaxsACR@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:36:19 -0600
>Lemme just put this out there. Why not allow any size wheel diameter in
Stock?
>You would have to retain the same width and current offset limitations, but
>think the same arguments used to allow any shock could also apply to wheel
>diameter. Anybody that is serious about this sport buys another set of
wheels
>anyway.
>
>Pax Rolfe
>98 ACR 41 DS
---------------------------
That's it Pax!!!  Just think what a good set of 18" Hoosiers (since we can't
seem to get BFGs  ;^) would do for our Neons.  WOW!!!  Look out SS here we
come!!!!

I kinda like your idea though.  Hmm, what _would_ a set of 13" wheels would
do for our Neon gearing.  I'm thinking we'd see 3rd gear more often, that's
for sure.

Well then we could still legally use those "old' R1s in sizes such as the
215/50-13 as long as they grip near as good as the 225/50-14s.

This would be allowed due to the really hard to understand February Fastrack
News update which states: "This is to provide a specific solution to a
unique situation that is not specifically covered by the current rules, in
which a new tire meets the requirements 13.3.F. but the manufacturer is
continuing to produce a prior model in order to meet the needs of
competitors using a diameter in which the new tire will not be built."

Apparently the update guys never read section 13.3.F which states quite
clearly:
"Each tire model must be sold in at least four diameters, with a total of at
least six sizes."

Sheesh, and they say _I'm_ crazy???

Ha ha, he he, ho ho.  One pill makes you big and one pill makes you small.
;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13