Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:07:23 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
To: Scotty *BOB* White <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 1:06 PM

>Scotty *BOB* White wrote:
>> Ok I'll buy that. What do you propose? Now remember, you're talkin
>> about a couple types of cars that are very popular and at one time had
>> huge participation. SCCA has turned it's back on the best the world
>> has to offer for 3 years now and holding. What do you think?
>
>I agree, I'd like to see these cars out there.
>
>However, I dislike modifying the Stock Category rules to handle an
>oddball, hopefully short-lived, problem that only affects a couple of
>cars.
>
>I'd rather reassess the potential of the cars on the best available
>tires that fit the wheels and fenders, and class them accordingly into
>the existing class structure using the current rules.

   Now THAT sounds complicated to me, how long, when do you reclass it? Why
not just make an allowence and then remove it when rubber becomes available,
OR make an allowence and then reclass the car ;-)??!?!

>Does that mean they'd move to AS?  Maybe.  Does it mean they'd stay in
>SS?

   I am thinkin GS ;-)

Maybe.  If so, sure, they probably still won't show up.  But I'd
>rather stay in this holding pattern for a while until the right thing
>happens (good competition rubber becomes available) rather than hack up
>the rules.

   What makes you think they won't show up? Were you there in 94 at Salina?
Dude, they sell 30k of these things a year and we're jus talkin C5s not to
mention porksches ;-)

sbw