Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:50:23 -0500
>> Only the SOHC ACR was/is classed in SSC, the DOHC Neons were/are
classed
>> in SSB.  There is a definite top end advantage with the DOHC cars
over
>> the SOHC cars hence the two different classes.
>
>I believe the DOHC version came out later. They couldn't very well
screw
>all the SSC Neons now, could they? So, for a while Chrysler was given
>_two_ classes to dominate...
==============================
The Neons must be good cars to being with or they wouldn't have
"dominated" either class.  Hmm, guess Chrysler did some good R&D work
and made a good car.

>> TOTAL HORSEPUCKEY if you ask me!!!  SCREW  the other manufacturers!!!
>> say let 'em continue to lose races if they don't care enough to make
>> better (race)car like Chrysler did/does.
>
>You used the expression '(race)car' 3 times when describing an
>ostensibly stock car. I rest my case...
>
>Paul Foster
=========================
I did that because we all have (race)cars.  My daily driver/autocross
car is my (race)car.  That doesn't make it any less of a stock car.
Your car can probably also be described as a (race)car, can't it?  Hell,
for that matter every rental car I get my hands on is a (rally)car.  ;^)

When I tell my co-workers that I race cars they ask to see my racecar. I
point them to the parking lot and towards my white Neon with blue racing
stripes.  "There's my racecar."

Guess what, it's still a stock car.

My main points are that just because I drive my car on a daily basis
doesn't make it any less of a racecar.  Does it.  Please give me a
dictionary definition of a racecar.  I'll bet my (race)car Neon fits the
definition.  And why should Chrysler be penalized (by allowing trunk
kits for other makes) for the other companies obvious lack of interest
in making a better (race)car?

In my opinion, trunk kits shouldn't be allowed in SS, period.  If the
other manufacturers are serious about making a good car/racecar then let
them spend the money to produce them and sell them through regular
dealerships like Chrysler.

BTW, I hope that Ford does bring the ZX-2 S/R to market and therefore
bring another good (race)car to the streets and the racetrack.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett