Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 12:37:05 -0500
Paul Foster wrote:

> Or someone in the SCCA decided they wanted all that attention (and
> money) from Chrysler. Don't get me wrong - I think both camps could have
> had their cake and eaten it too if they had made the wise decision and
> created a separate spec class for the Neon. And it would save Chrysler
> all the trouble of having a pre-Nationals Nationals that is only open to
> their marque...

>From another note:
Make it FWD and I will agree with you. Keep it RWD and I will say it is
politics plain and simple. It is the same reason the BMW M3 is in CSP
while the 944S and 924 Turbo are in ASP. There are some marques that are
given preferential treatment: BMW, Honda, and now Chrysler.

I have no intention on making any of my opinions on this issue known,
however, I do have a "wish":

I wish that before we make accusatory statements which directly imply
wrongdoing, dark dealings, and conspiricy by our freinds and neighbors,
we would be prepared to support them with facts.  These mostly volunteer
people volunteers,  make this sport possible and are fellow competitors,
and to see these unfounded and irresponsible accusasions of collusion
and secret backroom politics turns me off very much.  I imagine that
this is what others who complain about "us" think as well.

I don't want to pick on Paul necessarily, nor would I ever want to
stifle someone's opinions and freedom of thought, but be prepared to
back up hurtfull statements like this with real facts if you want to
maintain any sort of credibility.  (with me anyway)  Just a
hopefully-not-too-preachy thought.

end-o-opinion
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>