Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:39:13 -0500
Paul Foster wrote:

<snip>
>If one car outperformas all the other similar on a regular
basis,

You're assuming the CAR is responsible for this performance. If
you take the best DRIVERS and put them in a mediocre car, they'll
STILL win.

> what
>is so hard to understand that something is wrong with this
picture?

Because there's nothing wrong.

>What is the BMW doing in a FWD class in the first place?

Best place for it. It's too tall for CS or BS. The performance
envelope of the 318is is best matched with DS.

>The rule that allows the SEB to exclude certain cars that do not
belong
>in stock even though they come from the factory is there for a
purpose.

Yep. It's to keep a "manufacturer" like Saleen from making
Stock-category autox cars to customer order with
customer-specified spring rates, swaybars, chassis stiffening,
etc. It's NOT there to exclude widely available models with
well-defined equipment packages from Stock.

Get real. If you claim that a car that sells new for less then
$15k doesn't belong in Stock, I claim that your "logic" can be
used to exclude anything you happen not to like.

Jay