Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA

To: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Subject: Re: Neon ACR and the SCCA
From: Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:13:00 -0400 (EDT)
I didnt buy my car for resale value. people who do this are the ones that
trade in thier car every year for the new model. I am going to keep mine
until I cant race it anymore.

Jason

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Karl Witt wrote:

> On or about 12:16 PM 6/9/1999 , Eric Linnhoff did say:
> >Allowing trunk kits is only a method of saving the other manufacturers
> >money.  Simply put, they're either too cheap or too stupid to make a
> >good (race)car in their factories so they want to be "allowed" a trunk
> >kit to keep up on the track.
> >
> >Simple enough for ya?
>
> Not that i agree with trunk kits, BUT...
>
> It's not that other companies are too stupid to put out a better race car,
> it's that they didn't skimp on the overall product quality and
> craftsmanship to save a few bucks to R&D some stiffer springs =) How's that
> resale value? ;) See...the other manufacturers are saving their CUSTOMERS
> money by building cars whose retail value doesn't tank to 1/3 of original
> in the first year! So it's you who should be upset, because Chrylser
> screwed YOU! ;) ;)
>
> Couldn't resist,
> Karl

          Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net> <pagejason@carol.net>
           Carolina Online Technical Support Assistant Manager
            Carolina Online Home Page   http://www.carol.net
              Carolina Online Inc.      (864)375-0600 x301
                   "A Full Service Internet Provider"