RE: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: "'Phil Ethier'" <pethier@isd.net>,
Subject: RE: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:04:37 -0500

From: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com>

> I ended up with a Sport package instead in '95 since I didn't have an
>SCCA licence.

You never needed a license.  You just had to be an SCCA member for the
first
batch.

[Phil Osborne]  I saw one at the National Tour in Evansville, In. in 1994,
a 4 door model, white with the gawd-awful N E O N decal stretched down the
side.  It was being used to pick up sheets from corner stations, and had
been loaned to the region by the sponsoring Dodge dealer.  I went home and
confronted my local Dodge Dealer in Lexington, Ky. and they dealer traded
for the car.  I bought it, stripped the big decal off, and played with it
for a year.  In July 94, while driving home, I spotted one on a small town
dealers lot, a DOHC coupe.  They had no clue as to what it was, and I
leased it for 36 months for well under 200 bucks per.  The cheapest race
car I ever had with air conditioning...
I still have the original sedan, which has been retired from competition
for more than 3 years.  Texas is no place for a street car without AC!  So,
it's for sale....
Phil O.