Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: Derek Engelhaupt <derekengelhaupt@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:28:55 -0700 (PDT)
I am saying that classifying this
> a "showroom stock" car is not really accurate because you won't find
it in
> showrooms (as opposed to the Type-R Integra, which was in stock at
the local
> Acura dealer for 5-6 months).  This is just my opinion of course,
based on
> my experiences - your results may vary.

I would definately say my experience varies.  To get a Type R in the
Washington DC area was as difficult as obtaining Plutonium at 7
Eleven.  The Type R's sold like hotcakes there.  I *could* say in that
case, the Type R wasn't available to the general public either, but it
was.  It was available *if* you wanted to pay over sticker price and
wanted it really bad.  You just had to find one.  Same as the ACR
after the '95 model year.  ACR's are and were more available than the
Type R (at least on the east coast).  Regions vary...

===
Derek Engelhaupt
'97 White Mazda Miata
St. Paul, MN

What if there were no hypothetical situations?
-- Andrew Kohlsmith