Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???

Subject: Re: Chrysler Taking its toys and going home???
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Eric Marshall wrote:
> If you go to a Chevy dealer you might find a Corvette with these options on
> the lot (at some of them anyways).
> About two years ago, I went to several Dodge Dealers with my brother looking
> for an ACR to test drive and they were no help.
> (my brother was looking for a sports car / sporty car for around $10k)
> The Dodge Dealers basically said we would have to buy the car to get it on
> their lot.
> This, to me does not constitute a car that is available to the General
> Public.
> (sorry, you're not going to get me to buy a car if I can't drive it first)

Well, its obviously your choice what you'll do and not do.  When I bought
my '98 ACR there were two ACR's on the lot, a '98 DOHC and a '97 DOHC.  I
didn't want a DOHC, so I got them to bring in a '98 SOHC from another
lot... which was 50 miles away.

For what its worth, none of the dealers I talked to knew anything about
the ACR.  That doesn't mean the car wasn't readily available, just that
most car salesmen are idiots.

Mark