Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: Gemery@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:39:18 EDT
Mark Shaw wrote:
>You are an exception to support a rule.

Not I, sir!  I merely wrote an example based on seeing it happen
in other regions.  If it has happened in the past, it will happen in
the future (which is another way of saying that if we don't know
our history, we are doomed to repeat it)

>In our experience in AZ Region the problem has existing in the Stock
>classes, as well.  Also, we have a variety of PAX classes available
>(Street Tire, Street Tire Ladies, Novice, Novice Ladies, PAX Men's,
>PAX Ladies, and the newly formed Sportsman)

Perhaps, rather than carping about single-car classes, you should
be recruiting more entrants for your region?

Last event in Oregon Region we had over 150 entrants.  SS and
CS, usually 3-6 entries, had single entries due to car breakages;
all other Stock & Street Prepared open classes have at least 2
entries.  ST was the only subscribed Street Touring class, all
the way up to 7 entries for a change.  In Prepared, AP & DP
had single entries (DP usually has three, but a dual-driver car
broke the day before) and BP had none (where was Troy with
his Viper?); CP & EP are 3+ entries.  AM & EM had single
entries, nobody ever runs FM locally, and the other open
Modifieds have at least 2 entries each.  We also have well
subscribed Women's PAX, PAX, and indexed Street Tire, but
no OSP equivalent.

>If your region is rigid to the rule book on classes (another topic
>altogether) then the handling of single-car classes will seem more
>difficult and possibly heavy handed.

Oh, please!  I've not ever mentioned in this discussion what our
region does or doesn't do regarding awards as it isn't germane to
my own feelings on the subject.  Judging by the lack of support
your arguments have received, you've got a very minority position.

>But those regions chose their poison to start with....

You know, this is the third or fourth time you've written words to
this effect and they demonstrate a definite lack of regard for
conclusions that differ from yours.  It's no wonder the SEB letters
you have on file say what you claim!

George Emery
gemery@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/gemery