Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.

To: "Mark Shaw" <autox@inficad.com>, "Josh Sirota" <jss@marimba.com>
Subject: Re: Earning Trophies? Nope.
From: "John Mahoney" <jmahoney@cyberstation.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:44:33 -0500
Just happened this weekend to me, and I wasn't pleased.  I run DS and it was
the first time in two years I had no one to run against.  I also drive over
a hundred miles to any event, but no one to compete against is the pitts.
Yes this was the same region that didn't give year end trophies last year
but that isn't the point.  Competition makes a better driver, and I did not
drive my best.  Someone should have beat me and no I didn't stick around for
trophy presentations.  I do agree with JD though, year end trophies do make
a difference to a new autoxer or a new person to the region.  Everyone needs
their few moments of glory, or at least being noticed.
John Mahoney
prev 72 GT-6 CSP
Now 98 ACR DS
Yes they are both nose heavy but fun!! and that is why we arrive and
drive!!!!